07 October 2008

Change...

Yesterday was one of those days where life became overwhelming for me...my mind went into prep mode. The busyness and chaos that is imminent at work is weighing heavy on my mind. Just preparing for the store to close, thinking about my employees (their future, their concerns, the friendships I've made with them), and my future as well.

Not only is work crazy, but home life is too...I need to start packing up my earthly possessions...find a storage facility to house them all, and start turning off those things that are in my name (Internet and such). As the deadline approaches to move out, I realize I've done nothing to prepare for this day...I thought the transition would be easy. I was going to buy a home and all my stuff would move in there. Boy, God has other plans for me right now...

"...plans to prosper and not to harm..." Jeremiah 29:11

I need to rest and find comfort in this passage of Scripture...

God sent me His comfort by way of friends...Timmery was there and prayed for me as I let the uncertainty of my situation escape through my tears. Human touch is reassuring and helps alleviate the loneliness that accompanies me during times like this. I also received a "random" text from Lissa. God put it in her heart to reach out to me (when she didn't know how I was feeling) and offered words of encouragement. I'm thankful she was obedient to God's prompting--I felt His presence in all that was happening.

God does reach out when we're hurting! He cares about me and my problems. Even though it's not world hunger, it's not abuse, it's not war, it's not death...it's little 'ole me and my weaknesses, but God cares about every aspect of my life. I'm not alone, God is with me every step of the way. Which way? I don't know, but He will guide me if I'm obedient and let Him...even when I'm not obedient...He's stronger than my stubbornness!

My heart's prayer is that I am obedient and faithful to His ways and not fight for my own selfish ways...

No comments:

Post a Comment